This session will demonstrate how one teacher has flipped his remedial writing instruction using YouTube's interactive annotations and questions tied to a website that delivers quizzes and badges. Writing teachers will learn to use this resource for their own students, and other teachers will learn how to create their own instructional videos to follow the flipped education model. (45 minutes).
- Suggested audience: Teachers and Students
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginning through Advanced
- Time: Tuesday, March 19 7pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #flipwithyoutube
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Humanities Teacher, York School
- Add Kevin on Google+
- Follow Kevin on Twitter: @brookhouser
Kevin Brookhouser is a humanities and technology teacher at York School, in Monterey and serves the York faculty as the coordinator for academic technology. Kevin is a Google Certified Teacher and Trainer, a Computer Using Educators (CUE) Lead Learner, and a National Association of Independent Schools Teacher of the Future. Kevin is the founder of GRMR.ME, a resource helping teachers and students tackle many of the most common writing errors through short irreverent YouTube videos.
He also hosts the weekly podcast The Google Educast on Thursday evenings within the EdReach network at EdReach.us.
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Kevin's Google+ Page at the appointed time and date (note times are Eastern).
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Kevin's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask the presenter questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.