Google Earth is impressive enough but you can make your tours and activities stand out even more. This Google Education On Air hangout will present some simple design techniques and basic coding that you and your students can use in Google Earth. Learn how to format your placemarks with images, video, and HTML to add polish to your presentations. (40 minutes)
- Suggested audience: Teachers, Students, Anyone
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginner-Intermediate
- Time: June 4, 10pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #designGE
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Technology Integration Specialist, Petra 3Designs
Thomas Petra is aTechnology Integration Specialist with over 20 years experience as an educator. Residing on the island of Guam, he has taught mathematics to students from the elementary to the undergraduate level. His website, Real World Math, is a free web resource for math educators with lessons and activities for Google Earth. Thomas is a Google CertifiedTeacher and Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer.
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Thoma's Google+ Page at the appointed time and date (note times are Eastern).
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Thomas's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask the presenter questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.