The goal of this presentation
will be to introduce how participants can use the free Google SketchUp 3-D Software program.
Participants will learn how to download and install the program, how to get
started right-away using it with their students. We will show examples of how
teachers are using SketchUp in the classroom for all of the core subjects.
Resources for classroom ideas and more will be given. Finally I will give a
demonstration on how to create 3-D buildings of your school or community that
can be uploaded to Google Earth.
audience: Primary and secondary teachers
- Prior experience
or knowledge: Beginner (very new to
this topic), Intermediate (have some familiarity). Participants should download Google SketchUp before the session.
- Time: 6pm
- Session hashtag:
Teacher, California, USA
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Joe's Google+ Page at 6pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Joe's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask Joe questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream.
- You can add this event to your calendar.