session I will explain how simple Google Earth tours can be used in teaching Geography,
Environmental Science, and Geology at secondary and university level, We will
explore best practices of how to use tours to best effect (e.g. choosing
effective camera angles). The participants will share experiences in using
tours in education.
- Prior experience
or knowledge: Beginner (new to this topic). Participants should download Google Earth before the session.
- Time: 3pm
- Session hashtag: #GoogleEarthEdu
Educational Developer, Southampton, UK
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Richard's Google+ Page at 3pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Richard's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask Richard questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.