sometimes focused on the limitations of having students bring their own devices
(different hardware, software, user interface) instead of the exciting
potential it provides to a learning environment. Educators will understand
strategies to integrate smartphones, tablets, laptops and other
internet-capable devices in their classrooms, realizing the rich array of
Google services available to them.
The goal of this session is to provide educators with a variety of ways
they can use the core Google Apps and other Google services and products to
expand their teaching possibilities in a BYOD (bring your own device)
- Prior experience
or knowledge: Beginners (exploring BYOD for their schools) and Intermediate (have implemented BYOD already)
- Time: 6pm
- Session hashtag: #googlebyod
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Juan De Luca
Learning Coordinator, Mexico City, Mexico
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Juan's Google+ Page at 6pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Juan's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask Juan questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream.
- You can add this event to your calendar.