Leyden High School
District #212 in suburban Chicago has piloted the use of Chromebooks this
school year and will be issuing a Chromebook for all 3500 of our students
starting in the Fall of 2012. We see this move to the web producing the
following trends: a move away from handing in papers towards sharing documents,
instead of submitting an assignment - publishing to the web, and instead of
working cooperatively to complete - collaborating to create.
The presentation will provide schools with an overview of our
"digital evolution", insights from teachers regarding moving student
learning to the cloud, and most important a conversation with our students and
how this paradigm shift has impacted their learning.
- Suggested audience: Anyone
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginners (new to
- Time: 4pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #lhs212
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Assistant Principal. Illinois,
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Jason's Google+ Page at 4pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Jason's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask Jason questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.