The students at the University Laboratory School in Hawaii have staged a coup. Like a scene out of Lord of the Flies they have begun demanding technological tools to meet their needs as individual leaders and have left their teacher powerless (so they think) in the wake of their rampaging.
This session will give you a look into an actual 7th grade classroom to see how students are adapting Google Apps for Education to facilitate their own learning. With the use of videos, student artifacts and 7th grade student presenters we will see how kids decided to take back their education and what has been the result.
- Prior experience
or knowledge: N/A
- Time: 6pm
- Session hashtag:
Educational Architect, Hawaii, USA
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Brendan's Google+ Page at 6pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Brendan's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask Brendan questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream.
- You can add this event to your calendar.