In this Hangout, moderated by Kelly Mendoza of Common Sense Media, you will hear from a panel of educators who emphasize digital literacy and citizenship in the work they do with their students and other teachers. Topic covered will include Digital Citizenship in Practice, Sharing practices in Digital Citizenship, and Digital Citizenship in Schools: The Possibilities. We look forward to seeing the questions from the audience to shape the conversation accordingly.
- Suggested audience: Anyone
- Prior experience or knowledge: N/A
- Time: 4pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #digcit
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
PresentersFor educatorsFor parents
Moderator: Kelly Mendoza
Common Sense Media
Panel of Educators
- Elizabeth Calhoon, Assistant Principal, California
- Chris Clementi, Middle School Computer Teacher
- Bob Sprankle, Technology Integrator, Maine
- Joe Taylor, District Instructional Technology Coordinator, Illinois
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit the Google in Education Google+ Page at 4 pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Google in Education's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream.
- You can add this event to your calendar.