This session is about sharing passion for science, science education, and science communication. We'll talk about some cool educational science-related videos with their creators (including minutephysics, vihart, vsauce, 1veritasium, etc), talk about video production methods, provide tips to other educators on how they can create high quality YouTube content, etc. Ultimately it will be a venue for people to have their questions answered: whether science-related, education-related, or video-related.
- Suggested audience: Students, university and lifelong learners, Educators, primary and secondary, School and district leaders
- Prior experience or knowledge: Beginner (very new to this topic), Intermediate (have some familiarity)
- Time: 13:00 Eastern
- Session hashtag: #ytedu
- Conference hashtag: #eduonair
Founder of minutephysics, Ontario, Canada
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Henry's MinutePhysics Google+ Page at 1pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Henry's MinutePhysics Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask James questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.