presentation discusses the affordances and constraints of using Google Apps forEducation to deliver a technology class with a hip-hop theme for secondary
institutions. The goal was to increase the literacy skills of youth using a
topic the students had self-expressed an interest in. The apps integrated were
Google Sites, Docs, as well as Maps, Blogger, and YouTube.
audience: Primary and secondary (K-12) educators
- Prior experience
or knowledge: Intermediate (have some familiarity with Google Apps)
- Time: 3pm
- Session hashtag:
Akesha Horton & Keith Heggart
Doctoral Candidates, USA & Australia
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit Akesha's Google+ Page at 3pm Eastern May 2nd.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word "Hangouts" on it (as in the screenshot of slide 5 here). Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open Akesha's Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask Akesha questions during the Hangout, post them into the "comments" section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can add this event to your calendar.