1.) Huskies need a strong leader as a owner! Some dogs are strong willed (Alpha)
you have to break this right away when they are young. Then they will follow you the Teacher everywhere Hug you & Talk to you.
2.) Due to the fact that they are very strong and their paws are very sensitive; from little
on you must play with their paws; so that later in their lives you can cut their nails & cut
the fur that grows on the bottom of their paw.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are Siberian Huskies part wolf?
- No. The Siberian Husky is a domesticated pure bred dog and has been for many centuries. They are sometimes mistaken for wolves, and they are sometimes used in movies to depict wolves, but they are most certainly not wolves or part wolf.
- Why are some Siberian noses partially pink and partially black?
- This is called a "snow nose", and is fairly common in the breed. A snow nose is a reddish or pink marking on a black nose. Snow nose can disappear over warmer months and reappear over the winter months. There is nothing wrong with a snow nose, and it is perfectly acceptable in the breed.
- Can Siberians have different colored eyes?
- Yes. This is fairly common in the breed. One eye may be blue while the other is brown.
- Is there something wrong with an eye that is both brown and blue?
- No. This is called a "pinto eye." It is also fairly common in the breed. One or both eyes may be all blue with a brown pie shaped wedge, or all brown with a blue wedge. At first glance, it may appear that there is something wrong with the eye but there is not. It is simply a matter if pigmentation. This too is perfectly acceptable in the breed.
- I've heard that Siberians are mischievous. Is this true?
- Yes and no. Siberians are very intelligent dogs. They will often do things that surprise their owners. They can get into things that one might think are impossible. When Siberians are bored, they can become quite mischievous, inventive, and destructive. This is typical of working dogs. This is why it is so important to include the Siberian in family activities and give him plenty of attention and exercise.
- I've heard that Siberians are high-strung. Is this true?
- Yes and no. Siberians are a very energetic breed. As a working dog, they need something to do, some way of challenging their intelligence and an outlet for their energy. If they are not provided one, they will find one for themselves.
- I've heard Siberians are dumb. Is that true?
- No! Siberian Huskies are extremely intelligent working dogs. People often mistake the fact that they can be difficult to train as a sign of stupidity. One must keep the Siberian interested and challenge his intelligence in order to properly train him. A Siberian will probably know what you want him to do, he just may not want to do it!
- Just how cold can a Siberian Husky live in?
- Siberian Huskies can work and live in temperatures as low as 75 degrees Fahrenheit below zero.