- Autism Speaks The nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
- Autism Society of Minnesota exists to enhance the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorders. AuSM seeks to realize its mission through education, support, collaboration, and advocacy.
- ANSWER--Asperger Network Support-- a west metro support network for individuals and their families
- Autism Speaks Video Glossary An innovative web-based tool designed to help parents and professionals learn more about the early red flags and diagnostic features of autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Autism Games This site includes: Games that young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders will play.Video models of games that parents can watch and learn from and young children can watch and imitate. Tips and strategies for making games and play more educational and more fun!
- Jill Kuzma Social Thinking Site Many resources and tips on this site relate to helping children increase social perspective taking skills, emotion awareness and management, conversation skills, interpretation and use of non-verbal communication, and to develop friendship and interaction skills.
- Slater Software Free social stories and other visual lessons
- Michelle Garcia Winner Social thinking lessons and information
- Autism Resource Network Shop for ASD books, videos, tools and other items online or at the shop in Hopkins, MN
- Sensory Smarts Tips for helping children with sensory processing differences
- Reach for Resources a non-profit organization that offers specialized services to meet the needs of youth and adults with a variety of mental health, cognitive and developmental disabilities, and provides support to their families.
- MN Low Incidence Projects The Minnesota Low Incidence Projects are designed to assist school districts across the state in fulfilling federal requirements in the areas of implementation of the IDEA, professional development and insuring the availability of high quality staff in the low incidence areas of Special Education. Find helpful links about ASD from this site.
- Social Skills Lesson Plans & Activities linked to California language arts curriculum
- Comprehension Strategies and Literacy Development Paula Kluth has articles and other publications related to teaching reading to students with autism spectrum disorders.
- MN Department of Education (MDE)/Autism Spectrum Disorder MDE offers access to resources such as the Minnesota Autism Project and Network and additional information regarding autism and related disorders.
- First 100 Days Kit A tool kit to assist families in getting the critical information they need in the first 100 days after an autism diagnosis.
- Stanford Autism Research selected published research studies in the medical literature on autism and Asperger syndrome.
- Yale Autism Program an interdisciplinary group of clinicians and scholars dedicated to providing comprehensive clinical services to children with autism spectrum disorders and their families.
- First Signs dedicated to educating parents and professionals about the early warning signs of autism and related disorders.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) CDC is working to find out how many children have ASDs, discover the risk factors, and raise awareness of the signs.
- Autism Educator Manual a comprehensive manual by the National Autism Center entitled, Evidence-Based Practice and Autism in the Schools promoting evidence-based practice for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in schools
Reference on this webpage to any other webpage or organization does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by Edina Public Schools.