- 200g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp meat curry powder, mixed with enough water to form a paste
- 1 stalk curry leaves, use leaves only
- 2cm cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 120ml water
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- To prepare the filling, heat oil and fry onions until soft.
- Add curry leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise and curry powder and fry for 1–2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add chicken and fry for 1–2 minutes extra. Pour in water and mix in seasoning.
- Cover and cook until potatoes turn soft and filling is dry.
- cool the filling thoroughly.
- 220 g potatoes (cubed)
- 100 g big onions (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fried chili paste (chilli boh)
- 1 sprig curry leaf (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- light soy sauce, to taste
- 1 dash pepper
- heat pan with 3 tbsp oil.
- Fry all the ingredients till fragrant.
- Add water and fry till dry.
- Add water again and fry till dry and potato become soft.
- Cover the pan once in a while so that the potato will be cooked faster.
- Leave to cool.
- 3 large potatoes, grated
- 1 large onion, very finely sliced
- 3 heaped Tbsp meat/chicken masala powder (Kurma Powder) or medium curry powder
- ½ Tbsp turmeric
- 1 cup water
- Heat some oil in a large pan.
- Add the onions and fry for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric, masala and give it good mix making sure everything is well coated with the turmeric and masala.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Leave it to cook away until there is no liquid left, make sure to give it a stir once in a while to stop it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once all the liquid is gone, check to see if the potatoes are cooked. If they are not fully cooked yet, add a bit more water, mix and leave until all the liquid is gone. Keep doing this until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked, season and leave to cool.
- 150 g chicken meat
- 150 g onions
- 500 g potatoes
- 50 g shallots
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly ground chilly (paste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Cube the chicken. potatoes and onions
- Slice shallots.
- Boil the potatoes till soft.
- Heat oil ,sweat the shallots and add in ground chillie (paste). Fry until fragrant then add curry powder.
- Add in the cubed chicken, then onions. When chicken is no more pink add in coconut milk.
- Simmer until filling thickens, season with salt and sugar.
- Allow to cool before assembling the puffs