- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- Handful each coriander , mint and parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 heads red or green chicory or endive leaves
- 1 red chilli , sliced, to serve
- Dice the chicken thighs into small pieces with a knife until they are coarsely minced.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. When hot, add the oil, chicken and shallot. Stir constantly and cook for about 5 mins until the chicken is cooked but not browned. Then stir in 1 tsp water, the dried chilli and fish sauce. Cook for 2 mins more. Remove from the heat, squeeze over the lime juice and leave to cool. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- To serve, mix the herbs into the chicken mixture. Separate the chicory or endive into individual leaves (you'll need about 20) and arrange on serving plates. Place 1-2 tbsp of the chicken mixture into each leaf and scatter over some extra chopped herbs and sliced fresh chillies.