- 750 gm (~1 1/2 lbs) back side ribs
- 1 Tbsp cooking wine or sherry
- 30 gm (~1 oz) rock sugar or
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- Wash the ribs and cut them into small pieces.
- Place them in a pot.
- Add all the ingredients; cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes, or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Remove to a serving plate and serve
- When cooking the meat, stir occasionally.
- If the liquid has not almost completely evaporated after 40 minutes of cooking, turn the heat to high and stir until the liquid has almost completely evaporated.
These can be served on a communal sizzling plate for effect