- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 150 g minced beef/chicken
- 3 small potatoes, cubed 1cm
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 stalk of spring onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flour, mixed with a little of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- salt to taste (or chicken or beef bouillon cube)
- sugar to taste
- 1 egg
- Panko or bread crumbs
the crepes: take a bowl then combine the flour, salt and eggs.
Gradually add the milk whisk them to make a smooth texture. Allow the
batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- When ready, heat up a pan and
lightly grease the base. Take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, pour
into the pan and roll it around the base to cover . Cook on low heat.
When the edge of the skin retracts and you can peel off easily, it is
cooked. Set aside.
- sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant in a
pre-heated wok. Add the meat and sear for few minutes. Then add
carrots, pepper, salt, celery and 1 cup of water. Cover. When the
carrots are half-cooked, add the potatoes. Continue cooking until
potatoes are tender and add 1 tablespoon of flour mixed with water to
thicken and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add some sugar to taste.
a crepe on a work surface and add some of the filling. Leave the
bottom few centimetres clear. Fold the top and bottom over and onto the
filling. Fold in the sides, and roll it up to form a tube.
the risoles into beaten egg then coat them with bread crumbs. Deep fry
them on low heat, set aside and use kitchen paper to absorb the excess
- Serve with bird's eyes chillies or a chillie sauce.