- vegetable oil, 2 tbsp
- pork fillet, 500 g
- garlic, ½ bulb or 1 bulb of Thai garlic
- coriander roots, 10
- light soy sauce, 1 tbsp
- oyster sauce, 1 tbsp
- fish sauce1 tbsp
- white peppercorns, 2 tsp
For the dip:
- garlic, 5 cloves
- green Thai chillies (prik kee noo), chopped, 5
- lime juice, 2 tbsp
- fish sauce,1 ½ tbsp
- sugar, ½ tbsp
- coriander leaves or scallions
- lettuce leaves
- cucumber, sliced
- Ground peppercorns, garlic and coriander roots briefly in a mortar, then transfer into a blender, add some oil and process until a smooth and well combined paste forms.
- Cut the pork in bite-sized slices.
- Heat a wok, add oil and fry the paste on medium heat until it smells. Add the meat and stir-fry until golden brown, then reduce heat. Fry for about 5 more minutes or until the meat is done. Season with soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
- For the dip, combine garlic, chillies, lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar and stir well. If you like, add chopped coriander or chopped spring onions.
- Arrange the meat on rice and garnish with some slices of cucumber and some lettuce leaves. Serve with the dip.