- 250 gm (9oz) pork meat filleted into 1x1 by 6 cm strip pieces.
- 10 cloves of garlic crushed and sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cooked steamed rice ( use when temp is down to a comfortable handling temp or lower)
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand.
this stage you can roll the ingredients into blls or rolls and cover
with kitchen film. make sure to exclude the air. To be double sure wrap
the packages again. You can also place the mixture into a glass jar with
a minimum of head space. You need to minimise the surface to air
- This then is placed into the refrigerator for a minimum of two days three nights.
- Remove the packages from the fridge and release the contents.
- Separate the meat strips from the rice and garlic.
strips now are able to be cooked. ideally in a barbecue with a smoking
facility or a kettle barbecue with some smoking wood or leaves.
cooked strips of meat are ideally enjoyed hot and maybe served with
other sides such as salads or steamed jasmine rice. The use of a garlic
chillie sauce goes well also.
- Another option is to deep fry the strips of meat and so it comes out quite crispy on the surface.