- 5 teaspoons laphet (fermented tea leaves)
- 2 teaspoons crispy fried garlic
- 2 teaspoons crispy fried yellow beans
- 2 teaspoons roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped Tomato
- Chopped Cabbage
- Dried Prawns
- Peeled Garlic
- Green chili
Dressing: 1/2 teaspoon limejuice 3 teaspoons peanut oil
- First, put laphet (fermented tea leaves) into a bowl. If you want your laphet to be spicy, pound la-phet and green chili together in a mortar. It'll became a paste.
- Pour 3 teaspoons of peanut oil. Leave it for awhile so that laphet can soak up the oil.
- Put in crispy fried garlic, crispy fried yellow beans, roasted peanuts and sesame seeds in the bowl.
- Mix them together. You can also add chopped tomato, chopped cabbage, dried prawns, peeled garlic and green chili as you like.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of limejuice, and some soysauce to your liking.
Some people don't like mixed laphet thote.
- crispy fried garlic, fried yellow beans, roasted peanuts and salad separately in a flat dish.
- Mix laphet and oil together (adding lime juice and salt as seasoning) and put them in the plate.
- The eater can take a little bit of each with his spoon and leave out the parts that they don't like.