2 cups sliced peaches
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup boiling water
Sprinkling of fresh lemon-thyme and sage (or use your choice of fragrant herbs or spices - like rosemary. Or cinnamon. Cardamom would be fantastic too!)
For the topping: 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp salt
1. Arrange peaches in a 8" or 9" baking pan. Sprinkle chopped herbs on top. Keep aside.
2. Mix remaining pudding ingredients, except water, and pour over the peaches.
3. Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter.
4. Pour boiling water over it all. Bake for 50 mins in a preheated 350 F oven.
5. Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream.