2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
Approx 1/4 cup sugar for dusting ramekins
1 1/2 cups kumquats, deseeded and sliced
1/2 cup AP flour
3 oz unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease your ramekins with the softened butter and dust with sugar.
2. Sprinkle the sliced kumquats evenly in all ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
3. Whisk eggs lightly. Sift flour into eggs and whisk again. Stir in cooled, melted butter and milk. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup sugar. Add vanilla extract and the cardamom, then whisk till everything is incorporated.
4. Pour batter equally over kumquats and bake for 10 mins. Decrease temperature to 350 F and bake for an additional 20 mins, till puffed and golden.
5. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.