Lecturer (Assistant Professor) of Economics
University of Queensland
- Does Home Production Drive Structural Transformation?, with Alessio Moro and Solmaz Moslehi.
- American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 116-146, July 2017.
- Media: Nikkei Business Online (in Japanese).
- Marriage and Economic Development in the Twentieth Century, with Alessio Moro and Solmaz Moslehi.
- Journal of Demographic Economics, Vol. 83, Issue 4, pp. 379-420, December 2017.
- Cross-country data on marital statistics: GitHub.
- Multidimensional Skill Mismatch [NBER WP], with Fatih Guvenen, Burhan Kuruscu, and David Wiczer.
- Sex Ratios and Long-Term Marriage Trends, with José-Víctor Ríos-Rull and Shannon Seitz.
- Single Mothers, Human Capital Investment in Children, and Economic Policies: a Macroeconomic Analysis, with Naoki Takayama.
- The previous version was circulated as "Men's Rush to Marriage: Implications of Child Support Enforcement for Marriage, Fertility, and Long-Term Inequality."
Work in Progress
- Recessions and Early Career Mismatch, with David Wiczer.
- Structural Transformation and Economic Growth in China, with Alessio Moro and Lei Seng Cheong.
- Structural Transformation in an Open Economy: a Quantitative Analysis for the U.S., with Alessio Moro.
- Wage Changes, Net and Gross Employment Flows, with Lawrence Warren and David Wiczer.
- Changes in Wage Inequality Between- and Within-Firm: Evidence from Japan, 1993-2014, with Ryo Kambayashi and Shintaro Yamaguchi
- A preliminary draft is available upon request.