If you will be downloading e-books from a library that uses OverDrive, also known as the Digital Media Catalog, you must install Adobe Digital Editions first.
- After installing Adobe Digital Editions, find an e-book in your library's Digital Media Catalog. Be sure there is an available copy for you to download:
- Check to be sure you can read it on your e-reader
- Click "Add to Cart:"
- At this point, you can either "Continue Browsing" to add more e-books to your cart, or "Proceed to Check Out" to download your e-books.
- Hint: Your ebooks will stay in the Cart for only 30 minutes before disappearing.
- When you are ready, "Proceed to Checkout."
- You may be asked to choose your library.
- Type your library card number and click the "Sign In" button:
- Look over the details; click "Confirm Check Out" button:
- Hint: You may be able to choose your lending period.
- On the final screen, click the "Download" button; the e-book should download to your Adobe Digital Editions program:
- Adobe Digital Editions should automatically open when you download from your library; if not, you can:
- Drag the file onto the open Adobe Digital Editions window
- Right click on file; choose "Open with . . . "; browse to Adobe Digital Editions
- Be sure you are in "Library View" by clicking on the icon with 3 books in the upper left:
- Connect your e-reader to your computer so that you see it listed in the "Bookshelves" area
- Drag and drop the e-book's cover to the name of your e-reader device; the transfer will take a few seconds. It should then be ready to read on your e-reader. (To drag and drop, click and hold your left mouse button on the e-book's cover, drag your mouse to the name of your e-reader and let your mouse button up.)
- Disconnect your e-reader from your computer. Your e-book should now be ready to read on your e-reader.
Finish your e-book early? You can return it before its due date