Google Books includes e-books on almost any topic. Depending on the copyright status of the e-book, you may be able to download it or see just snippets of it. You also may see links to purchase the e-book or find a physical book in a library.
- Go to the Google Books website. If you have a Google account, you can personalize your use of this site, but it is not required.
- You should see cover art for books and magazines, separated by category. Some of these will be free, but most will not. To find the free e-books, you must first do a search:
- On the next screen, you should see a list of your results. Scroll down the left side until you see "Free Google eBooks." Click on this link:
- Once you choose "Free Google eBooks," you should see this at the top of your results until you change it:
- Continue to search using the "Free Google eBooks" limiter until you find an e-book you'd like to read. Click on it's title. You should see the cover of the e-book and the ability to read it on your computer.
- To download this e-book, find the link in the upper left that says "EBOOK - FREE:"
- You should now see your options for downloading:
- Note that the link to download the e-book is at the bottom of this window; in this case, it is available in the pdf format. The other links help you decide whether this format will work on your e-reader.
- Click on the "Download" link and the e-book file will download to your computer. Connect your e-reader to your computer and copy it to your e-reader as you normally do.