The goal of this site is to provide a web page for each book ever written. Most e-books are available in many formats. For those that are not, links are available to purchase the book or borrow it from a library.
- Go to the Open Library.
- You can find e-books in three ways:
- Choose a subject or author in the upper left of the page
- Search for an e-book in the upper right of the page
- Click on one of the book covers
- If you search, you can check the "show only ebooks" box and click the Search button:
- In the list of results, look for an e-book with the "Read" image. This "Read" image tells us that it is available in formats we can download to an e-reader.
- If you click on the "Read" image, you will be able to read it on your computer, clicking on the arrows to change pages:
- If you want to download it to your e-reader, click on the title of the e-book:
- You should now see a page with information about this e-book:
- Under the e-book's cover, you should see a section called "Read" which includes a list of formats for this e-book:
- If you click on either PDF or Plain text, you will see the e-book on your computer's screen. If you want to read it on your e-reader, right-click on the link (move your mouse over "PDF" and click the right mouse button) and choose either "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" (depending on your browser). You will be asked to save the file on your computer. Once it is saved, connect your e-reader to your computer and copy the file to your e-reader as you would other e-books.
- If you click on either ePub or MOBI, the e-book file will automatically download to your computer. Connect your e-reader to your computer and copy the file to your e-reader as you would other e-books.
- If you click on "send to Kindle," you will be asked to log into your Amazon account, choose which Kindle device you want to use and click the Continue button:
- If you have a Kindle with wifi, the file will be sent to your Kindle. If your Kindle does not have wifi, you should see a link to click which will download the file to your computer. Connect your Kindle to your computer and copy the file to your Kindle as you would other e-books.