Focused on science fiction and fantasy, this site provides freely-available e-books in multiple formats, including the ability to read online.
- Go to the Baen Free Library.
- On the left side, you can browse the e-books in four ways:
- What's New - which e-books are the newest to the collection
- Authors - alphabetical list by author
- Books - alphabetical list by title
- Series - alphabetical list by series title
- Click on titles, authors, or series until you come to a page that includes the title, author, and a brief summary:
- Just under the cover art, find the list of options for downloading the e-book:
- This section is usually divided into three sections:
- Read online and Email book to my Kindle
- Reading online will open a new browser tab for you to read directly on your computer
- To have the e-book emailed to your Kindle, you have to set it up the first time:
- Log into your Kindle Account on Amazon
- Go to Manage Your Kindle
- Under Your Kindle Account, choose Personal Document Settings
- Under Approved Personal Document E-Mail List, click "Add a new approved e-mail address"
- Add "@baenebooks.com"
- Go back to Baen website; enter your Kindle's email address and click Send
- Download Unzipped Files
Choose the file format that is best for your e-reader. Click on the format name to download it to your computer. From there, connect your e-reader to your computer and download as you would other files.
- Download Zip Files
Choose the file format that is best for your e-reader. Click on the format name to download it to your computer. Unzip the file using software like WinZip. Once this is done, connect your e-reader to your computer and download the unzipped file to your e-reader as you would other files.