Peer-Reviewed Scientific Publications:
Goodale, E. and Nieh, J. C.
In press. Public use of olfactory information associated with predation in two
species of social bees. Animal Behaviour.
22) Goodale, E., Goodale, U. and Mana, R. 2012. The role of toxic pitohuis in mixed-species flocks of lowland forest in Papua New Guinea. Emu – Austral Ornithology 112: 9-16.
21) Beauchamp, G. and Goodale, E. 2011. Plumage mimicry in avian mixed-species flocks: more or less than meet the eye? Auk 128: 487-496.
20) Sidhu, S., Raman, T. R. S. & Goodale, E. 2010. Effects of plantations and home-gardens on tropical forest bird communities and mixed-species bird flocks in the southern Western Ghats. Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society 107: 91-108
19) Goodale, E. & Ruxton, G. D. 2010. Antipredator benefits from heterospecifics. In: Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior (Breed, M and Moore, J., editors). Academic Press, Oxford.
18) Goodale, E. and Podos, J. 2010. Persistence of song types in Darwin’s finches, Geospiza fortis, over four decades. Biology Letters 6: 589-592.
17) Goodale, E., Beauchamp, G., Magrath, R. D., Nieh, J. C. & Ruxton, G. D. 2010. Interspecific information transfer influences animal community structure. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 25: 354-361.
13) Goodale, E., Nizam, B. Z., Robin, V. V., Sridhar, H., Trivedi, P., Kotagama, S. W., Padmalal, U. K. G. K., Perera, R., Pramod, P. & Vijayan, L. 2009. Regional variation in structure and composition of mixed-species bird flocks of the Western Ghats and Sri Lanka: a review. Current Science 97: 648-663.
Selected Popular Publications:
· Robinson, J. W., Nieh, J. C. and Goodale, E. In press. Testing honey bee avoidance of predators: teaching the scientific process through an engaging field experiment. American Biology Teacher.
· Goodale, E. and Sridhar, H. 2010. Mixed-species bird flocks: a bibliography. Internet database at https://sites.google.com/site/mixedspeciesbirdflocks/.
· Goodale, E., Caldera, P. and Jayarathna, A. 2004. The sounds of Sinharaja. Audio CD. Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
· Goodale, E. 2002. A journey by bus. Pp. 207–210 in: Excursions and explorations, cultural encounters between Sri Lanka and the United States (Jayatilaka, T., ed.). The United States – Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission, Colombo, Sri Lanka.