- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut or torn into small pieces
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (squeeze spinach between paper towels to get all the excess water out)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 small (or ½ large) yellow onion, chopped into medium-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper
- Caramelize the onion (this can be done up to a couple days in advance): In a very small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and add onions. Turn the heat to the lowest possible and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-45 minutes or until the onions are sweet and smell amazing.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler and have the oven rack in the middle of the oven (so the frittata won’t be too close to the broiler).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in spinach, smoked salmon, caramelized onions, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized skillet that can go in the oven, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Turn the heat to medium-low and spread egg mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until frittata is set but the top is still runny.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and put it under the broiler with the oven door closed for 3-5 minutes. Keep your eye on it – you don’t want burnt frittata!
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then serve!