- 1 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of graham crackers, crushed)
- ½ stick butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam (about half a jar – up to you how much jam you want)
- ¾ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted in the oven
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (and/or white chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (To toast the almonds, I put them in a cake pan in the oven while it was preheating – if you do this make sure you check on them so they don’t burn.)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl. Press firmly into bottom of a greased and parchment paper-lined 7 x 11 inch pan (Ok so the original recipe says to use a 9 x 13 inch pan, but that just seemed too big so I went with something slightly smaller. You could also do a 9x9 and make them thicker and/or make a few extra mini ones in a cupcake pan).
- Spread coconut over the top, and then pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread jam over cooled top, sprinkle with nuts.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and then at 10 second intervals until just melted. I used a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Welcome to your newest addiction.