Yield: 12 muffins (I tend to make littler muffins, so I got about 18 out of this recipe)
- 2 all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners, or spray each well with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add peanut butter, and mix on medium speed until well combined and crumbly.
- Add in egg, yogurt, water, and vanilla, and mix until just combined (the batter will be thick).
- Use a medium-sized spoon to scoop about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter into each muffin well. Shape a little well in the center of the dough for the jam.
- Next, place 2 teaspoons of your favorite jam in the center of the muffin batter and top with another scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) of muffin batter. If necessary, use a spoon or knife to gently spread batter to cover the jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.