This recipe makes 3-4 dozen cookies (depending on how big you want them). It can easily be halved if you’re feeling like controlling your inner monster.
Oh and it’s a one-bowl recipe! Yay fewer dishes!
- 2 sticks/16 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag (about 2 ½ cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&Ms (I used 4 of these little tubes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and sugars for about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt to bowl, and stir until combined. Mix in chocolate chips. mix 3 or 4 times then add and chocolate chips, mixing until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour, preferably a couple hour or overnight. Scoop 2-tablespoon-sized chunks of dough and use your hands to shape them into balls. Pour out M&Mz into a shallow bowl. Roll the balls in the M&Ms (I did M&Ms just on the top and sides of each ball, so not quite all the way around).
- Freeze cookies overnight (optional -- if you don't freeze the cookies, add an extra half cup flour to your dough).
- Place cookies on sheet, 1-2 inches apart (they spread a lot).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until nice and golden brown but still semi-soft in center. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy! (Best fresh out of the oven, obviously. You should eat these or freeze them in the first day or two, after that they’re still good but they dry out a bit.)