For the shrimp:
- 2 pound raw medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder (or yellow curry powder)
- 1 cup Jamaican Jerk Barbecue sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
For the salsa:
- 2 large mangos, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 8-oz can crushed pineapple
- 3-4 bell peppers (yellow, red, or orange), finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- black pepper
For serving: (all garnishes are optional. Obviously I want them all)
- Small corn or flour tortillas (we used flour, they’re more durable)
- Shredded cheese
- Lettuce or spinach (we used spinach)
- Hot sauce
- Finely diced or thinly sliced radishes
- Lime wedges/juice
- Prepare the salsa: Slice, dice, and mix. Crush if you want. EASY! (This recipe makes a lot, so expect leftovers.)
- Prepare the shrimp: In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the curry powder and barbecue sauce and let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium temperature.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and heat for about 1 minute.
- Add in the shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are evenly cooked and not translucent at all (about 5 minutes).
- Serve immediately with garnishes!