9-inch square baking dish coated in about 1 tablespoon olive oil, or sprayed
- 2 medium/large sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium/large Yukon gold potato, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Asiago cheese
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Build three layers in this order: potatoes (mixing sweet and regular), onion, grated cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Evenly pour wine or broth over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil and finish baking another 5-10 minutes or until top begins to brown and when you insert a knife in the middle the potatoes feel soft.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.