UTC Admissions Deadline
UTC's regular admission deadline for students that have a 2.85 GPA and an 18 ACT or a 2.5 GPA and a 21 ACT is May 1, 2017. Everything must be submitted so do not wait until May 1st to request your transcript.
UTK College of Engineering
The Tickle College of Engineering (TCEP) at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN will host a series of summer engineering programs for rising ninth to twelfth grade students during the summer of 2017.
For program information,
dates, and deadlines and to download the application visit the website http://www.engr.utk.edu/diversity/pre-college.
* Each program is a one-week residential program for rising high school students (except eVOL9 rising ninth graders). All students are encouraged to apply. All eVOL10 applicants must have taken a standard test, such as the PSAT, ACT Explore, ACT Aspire, SAT, ACT or 9th Grade Standardize Test. All HITES applicants must have a minimum ACT math score: 25 (SAT math score: 590). Their mission is to provide students who show an interest in engineering studies an early exposure to and preparation for scientific study and research.Application deadlines- EVOL9 and EVOL10 March 3rd , HITES11 and HITES12- April 14th
Discover ETSU Bus Tour on April 1st. Discover ETSU is a program that invites 10th and 11th grade high school students, from underrepresented minority groups and socioeconomic disadvantaged students onto campus for a weekend.
Discover ETSU Bus Tour participants will receive:
A University Sponsored One Day Event at No Cost
Free Transportation to and from ETSU
Admissions, Financial Aid, Scholarships and Housing Details
Meet and Greet with ETSU President, Staff Members and Students
Opportunity to participate in all the Open House Activities
Opportunity to bring one (1) Parent/Guardian or Guest
You must apply online at www.etsu.edu/success.
The University of TN- Knoxville Haslam College of Business is hosting two business summer programs in Summer 2017 for current sophomores and juniors.
The BETS Program (June 14-24, 2017) is designed to introduce under-represented high school juniors (i.e., Native American, African American, Asian American, and Hispanic), first generation college students or students who receive free or reduced-cost lunch to all aspects of the business world and encourage them to seek careers in business. The students selected must be current high school juniors with at least a 3.0 GPA, show exceptional leadership potential, and have an interest in studying business.
AIM Academy (July 15-19, 2017) is designed to introduce under-represented high school sophomores (i.e., Native American, African American, Asian American, and Hispanic), first generation college students or students who receive free or reduced-cost lunch to the field of Accounting & Information Management and encourage them to seek careers in Accounting. The students selected must be current high school sophomores with at least a 3.0 GPA, show exceptional leadership potential, and have an interest in studying Accounting or business in general.
Please click on the links below for copies of the application, including instructions on how to submit as well as FAQ sheets and flyers for the BETS Program and AIM Academy. Additionally, you may view the BETS informational video on the site. Each student selected to attend the BETS Program or AIM Academy will receive a waiver to cover the costs associated with attending.
Interested students must submit a completed application, provide a copy of their high school transcript, and have at least one letter of recommendation. Please note these are residential program so students will be required to live on campus for the duration of the program.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.
BETS Program- http://diversity.bus.utk.edu/BETS.asp
AIM Academy- http://diversity.bus.utk.edu/AIM.asp
TN Promise Information for Seniors
1. Attend the mandatory meeting held by TNAchieves on March 14, 2017 at 5:30 pm. The meeting will be held at East Hamilton High School.
2. Apply to an eligible TN Promise institution ( see page 16 in the handbook that list all eligible institutions) by Spring 2017.
3. Complete and submit 8 hours of community service by July 1, 2017. ( see pages 23-24 of handbook)
4. Complete all financial aid verification by August 1, 2017 if you are selected.
* Please note if there is even a 1% chance you may attend any of the schools listed and are interested in receiving TN Promise, you must apply. If you do not complete even one requirement, you will not be eligible to receive TN Promise dollars. Please refer to your student handbook that was given to you at the TN Promise meeting for any additional questions.
See EHS Junior or Senior Newsletters tab for the latest senior information
Math Tutoring Schedule now available
Under Important Information Tab
Senior Parent Night
Go to www.actstudent.org to register for the ACT
Need more volunteer opportunities this year? Check out the links below to investigate volunteer opportunities in your area of interest!
The United States Naval Academy is seeking students for its Summer Programs. Interested students can apply by clicking the link below.
College Access Info
East Hamilton Middle/High School Counseling Program Mission
The mission of the East Hamilton Counseling Program is to promote student achievement, and foster collaboration among school personnel, students and families, and communities to maximize student success. The Comprehensive Developmental Counseling program utilizes a variety of strategies to initiate and support direct services to students at all educational levels to encourage growth in the following three domains: Personal/Social; Academic; and Career.