A large 3-bedroom apartment in the friendly, diverse, award-winning Eastern Village Cohousing condominium.
buy just a house or a condo when you can be part of an award winning green
cohousing community in the downtown Silver Spring Arts & Entertainment
District? Extraordinary 1,160 square foot condo unit
available at Eastern Village Cohousing Community, winner of six environmental
awards including LEED Silver, National Association of
Home Builders Green Project of the Year, Green Roof of the Year.
Asking price: $450,000.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.
- Tax documents: 1,149 square feet.
- Floor plan: 1,160 square feet.
- New Thompson Creek double pane windows (2017).
- Oak flooring.
- Ceiling fans.
- In-unit washer and dryer. (The building also has a laundry room.)
- Geothermal in-unit HVAC, serviced every 6 months.
- Very low electric bills, due to the geothermal system.
- Elfa shelving adjustable closet organizer in all the closets.
- Walk-in closet in the master bedroom.
- Professionally painted.
- Plenty of light.
- Quiet corner of the building.
- Condo fee: $432.31.
- Condo fee includes: gas, water, high-speed Internet, trash removal, common area janitorial service, homeowners insurance policy, discounted DirectTV.
- Taxes (2016): $3,879.46.
- Assessed market value (2016): $430,000.
- In 2016, the assessed market value increased to $430k. Per state law, there is a three year phase-in period. In 2016, the phased-in value was $386,667.
- Eligible for the Maryland Homestead tax credit.
- Management company: Quantum Real Estate Management http://www.qpmgmt.com/news/properties/eastern-village-co-housing/
- A true community – most neighbors know each other and participate in many activities together.
events/activities include poetry, folk music, dance, knitting circle, yoga,
public affairs, block parties, barbeques, movies on the roof, story telling,
plays, potlucks, election night parties, etc.
- Communal meals: twice a week potluck dinners, twice a month vegan meals, monthly SAGE brunches, and Dinner Circles.
- Annual community anniversary celebration.
offers all these social opportunities and yet as much privacy as desired.
of incomes, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religious affiliations,
interests, ages, and life stages.
- Membership Circle reaches decisions by consensus.
- Public website http://easternvillage.com/ , members-only website, community mailing list.
- This is a pet-friendly community. Neighbors have pets of all kinds -- dogs, cats, and even rabbits.
- Next door to Kennett Street Garage, a county parking lot that allows use of monthly permits (Parking Convenience Stickers / PCS).
- For residents of the neighborhood (including our building), the parking permit is $95 per month.
- As an alternative to the county parking lot, on-street parking.
- 3 master guest rooms, with large bathrooms. You can rent a guest room for a nominal fee.
friendly, diverse, urban garden cohousing, community with rooftop patio/green
roof and lush native plant courtyard.
of six major “green building” environmental awards.
common space including large dining hall and kitchen for social events and yoga
classes, kids playroom, game room, fully-stocked workshop, rooftop patio,
rooftop playground, planted green roof, reservable guest rooms.
- Laundry room that’s free to use. (We also have a washer and dryer in the unit.)
- 2 large elevators.
- Push-button wheel chair door access for the two main entrance doors.
- 4-story, 55 unit building, with keyless access and intercom controlled access.
- All 6 entry doors have cipher locks and/or keyless access.
- Community room with 150 person seating capacity.
- Common living room with a fireplace.
- High-end community Kitchen.
- Computer Nook, with computers, printer, and high speed Internet access.
- Rooftop playground, garden, and gazebo.
- Workshop / tool room.
- Fitness Center.
- Game room.
- Infant / toddlers playroom.
- Video exchange / loan room.
- Shredder & magazine exchange.
- Lounges on every floor.
- Meditation / quiet room.
- Bike rooms.
- Goodwill donations closet.
- Storage closet.
- Paint closet.
- 10 public restrooms through the building.
- Central fire alarm.
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) on the first floor.
- Silver Certificate LEEDS Award (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) building.
- Zero VOC (volatile organic compound) paint throughout the building.
- High-efficiency florescent lighting throughout the building.
Security / Law Enforcement / Fire & EMS.
- Located on Maryland – DC border (NW DC – Sheppard Park).
to Red Line Metro, American Film Institute, NOAA, Discovery Communications,
Rock Creek National Park, Round House Theater, Maryland Youth Ballet, Silver
Spring Library, Montgomery College (including Cafritz Foundation Art Center),
Whole Foods, Giant Foods.
from planned Transit Center, Purple Line, Civic Building, ice rink,
Metropolitan Branch bike trail to Union Station, Montgomery College Cultural
Arts Center, Live Nation concert venue, new Silver Spring library.
- 9 minute walk to the Metro (Red Line – Silver Spring) and lots of different buses.
- New rental buildings in the neighborhood:
- S2 bus stop right outside the building.
- Free VanGo bus to downtown Silver Spring one block from the building.
- 6 minute walk to Blair Plaza Shopping (Giant Foods, CVS, restaurants, etc).
- 5 minute walk to DC shops.
- 14 minute walk to downtown Silver Spring (shops, dining).
- 10 minute walk to DC public library and 16 minute walk to Silver Spring Library.
- 13 minute walk to Walter Reed.
- 3 minute walk to The Gallery Restaurant, Crisfield Seafood, and specialty coffee and ice cream shops.
- 10 minute walk to Rock Creek Park.
- 14 minute walk to Whole Foods.
- 4 minute walk to KFC.
- 1 minute walk to Subway Sandwich Shop.
- Walk, run, or bike to Rock Creek Park.
- Community patrolled by Montgomery County Police and DC Metropolitan Police.
- A Montgomery Country Police Substation is a five-minute walk.
- A Montgomery County Fire & EMS station is a five-minute walk away.