Eastern Virginia Parents’ Club Meeting
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Thanks to Tony and Michele Dominice for hosting our last meeting of the year!
Upcoming Parents’ Club Activities:
New Appointee Recognition Ceremony
Langley Air Force Community Center
Congratulations to the Class of 2015 United States Air Force Appointees. We look forward to meeting you and addressing any questions you have regarding life at the Academy. Parent’s Club members will be attending to answer questions from the new parents.
Summer OPS (Operation Air Force)
BBQs for Cadets
Langley Air Force Base
We don’t have the exact dates yet, but Bruce and Madelynn Herman, Tony and Michele Dominice and Justine and Guy Wilson have volunteered to host the group at their homes.
Next Parent’s Club Meeting
Late July/Early August: Date/Location: TBD
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
Falcon Family News Newsletters
Provides links to current and past Falcon Family News newsletters
Air Force Academy Forum
Air Force Falcons Sports
Association of Graduates
For photos, see the webguy pages at http://www.usafawebguy.com/
Air Force Academy Cadet Services Information Page
Things to do in the Colorado Springs area
Hotels near the Air Force Academy
· Our last meeting of the 2011-2012 school year was held at the home of Tony and Michele Dominice on Saturday, April 14, at 12:00 p.m.
· Members present were: Bruce and Madelynn Herman, Tony and Michele Dominice, Mike and Carol Woychak, Yongsuk and daughter, Joy Putney, Justine Wilson, and Peter and Frances Gebs.
· We packed the care packages for our cadets first. Michele will be mailing those next week. They were filled to the top.
· For lunch, Tony and Michele served pulled pork and beef barbecue as the main course; and we had an abundance of pasta salads along with several delicious desserts.
· Madelynn thanked everyone for coming. She also thanked the outgoing board members, Michele, Justine and Frances, for their service and gave each a beautiful 2012 class pendant and a nice card.
· Madelynn asked if anyone would consider stepping up to take over the positions of treasurer, web master and secretary. Jongsuk volunteered to do the secretary position. She said she would ask her husband, Jon, to do the webmaster job. Since no one volunteered to do the treasurer’s job, Bruce said he would do the job for the time being.
· Board Members for the 2012-2013 year are as follows:
President: Madelynn Herman
Treasurer: Bruce Herman
Secretary: Yongsuk Putney
Webmaster: Jon Putney (hopefully) or Mike Woychak (possible alternate)
Birthday Cards: Carol Woychak
· The following families will be leaving because their cadet graduates this year:
· Madelynn said she ordered a coin as a gift for Col. Lujan, who was our speaker in February, and sent it to him as a thank you.
· The Woychak’s and the Putney’s volunteered to host a meeting this coming year. Yea!!
· The next meeting will be held in late July or the beginning of August for the in-coming parents.
· The meeting adjourned at 2:45.
These are the last minutes that Frances Gebs will ever submit to the Eastern Virginia Parents’ Club. I have attended every single meeting; and I have enjoyed every minute of every meeting. I will miss you all very much!