Want to Coordinate or Host and Event?
If you have an event in mind that you'd like to coordinate or host, we would love to help you make that happen.
Here is how it works:
6 weeks before the event: Email Jacquelyn with all the details required for the invite, including title, description, date, time, RSVP information and if appropriate, payment details, etc.
4 weeks before the event: Jacquelyn will email the announcement out and post it on www.ebsmithclub.org
2 weeks before the event: Touch base with Jacquelyn about any additional needs or concerns
1 week after the event: Send Jacquelyn a short update on how the event went (with pictures if possible!)
Young Alum Events
- January 5, 2014 - a visit to the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. Photos here!
- November 22, 2013 - East Bay pub crawl
Previous Club Events
- October 20, 2013: Fall Potluck and Celebration of the Inauguration of Kathleen McCartney at the home of Deebie Symmes in Berkeley.
- August 10, 2013: Summer Theater outing to A Chorus Line at Woodminster Amphitheater.
- March 23, 2013: Smith in the City - College update from President Christ and classes taught by faculty members
- March 19, 2013 : Perfecting the Pitch - An event bringing the innovative business thinking of Bay Area alumnae to current Smith students competing in the Draper Business Plan Competition, an exclusive opportunity for current Smith College students to compete for $20,000 in prize money.
- February 24, 2013: Docent led tour of the new Gallery of California History at the Oakland Museum of California (check out the photo of us on the Photos page).
- December 5, 2012: Care Package Party for current Smithies
- November 3, 2012: Volunteering at the Alameda County Food Bank
- October 20, 2012: Annual Fall Potluck at the Berkeley Hills home of Holly House.
- June 27, 2012 - Mozart's The Magic Flute at the San Francisco Opera with the Ivy Alliance.
- June 20, 2012 - Eve Ensler's Emotional Creatures at the Berkeley Rep. Dinner beforehand at Revival Bar and Kitchen.
- March 27, 2012 - Faculty Visit "Paris as an artist dream city or Paris as a place where people live real lives." Martine Gantrel-Ford leads a discussion of current trends in French cinema. Details in this book club blog entry.
November 16, 2011 - Annual Fall Potluck at Catherine's in Walnut Creek. Good food & good company, as always!
- August 14, 2011 My Fair Lady at Woodminster Theater. See the full write-up here on the book club blog.
- July 24, 2011 - Dress for Success Garden Party. Social gathering and clothing drive in support of Dress for Success San Francisco.
- June 9, 2011 - Virginia Woolf: A Botanical Perspective. See the full write-up here on the book club blog.
- February 5, 2011 - Volunteer Day at the Alameda County Food Bank
- February 3, 2011 - Young Alumnae Happy Hour at the Albatross Pub in Berkeley. Happy hour over board games, darts, and pool at Berkeley's oldest pub.
- October 17, 2010 - Annual Fall Potluck at Irene's in Danville. Check out the photos on the Photos page.
- June 16, 2010 - Faculty Book Club led by Tom Riddell, Associate Dean of the College, Dean of the First-year Class, and Associate Professor of Economics at Smith. Read about the discussion in this book club blog entry.
- April 25, 2010 - SF
Walking tour of the murals in the Mission district. Rachel Lee
Holstein '94, a volunteer docent with Precita Eyes (www.precitaeyes.org), guided us on a cultural and historical
exploration of some of these beautiful public artworks, explaining history and context and pointing out themes and icons. It was a gorgeous day to be outside!
(click image for larger view)
Missed the event but interested in the Mission murals? Visit Precita Eyes Mural Center at 2981 24th
St., San Francisco. The center is a 10-15 minute walk from 24th Street
- March 18, 2010 - Carol Christ presentation "The Cost of Higher Education"
- February 20, 2010 - Volunteer day at the Alameda County Food Bank