1. The Aim
• To create an annual ESM road racing championship comprising races at various distances from One mile to Half Marathon.
• To encourage as many ESM members as possible to participate in the championship and promote competition in all senior age groups.
• To have ESM road runners turn out in greater numbers at local races, representing the club and raising the ESM profile among the larger community.
• To show support to local races and running clubs.
2. Race Categories
There are eight race categories and you must compete in at least five of the categories to qualify. You can enter more than one race in each category thus creating more opportunity to post your fastest time.
A. One Mile: Lammas Park, Friday 22 April; Perivale Track, Wednesday 25 May 7.30pm
B. 5k: Northala Fields parkrun, Saturday 5 March; Timed 5K, Pitshanger Park, Friday 8 July
C. Yacht Handicap: Pitshanger Park, Monday 5 September
D. 5M: Ickenham 5 Mile, Sunday 19 June; Perivale 5, Sunday 4 Dec
E. 10k: Gunnersbury Park, Sunday 8 May; South Bucks 10k, Sunday 4 October
F. 10k multi-terrain: Stockley Park 10k, Sunday 15 May, Herbert's Hole 10k, Sunday 20 November
G. 10M: Thames Towpath, Sunday 17 April; Ricky Road Run, Sunday 30 October
H. Half Marathon: Hampton Court Palace, Sunday 20 March; Ealing Half: Sunday 25 September
The competition runs from 1 January until the Perivale 5 in December, with winners to be announced at the ESM Christmas Party that evening. The chosen races may vary from year to year depending on circumstances.
4. Winner’s Categories
Leading Lady 35+
Leading Lady 45+
Leading Lady 55+
Leading Gentleman 40+
Leading Gentleman 50+
Leading Gentleman 60+
The age category you are registered against will be your age on 1 January in the given year. The overall winners of the championships will be excluded from
the age category prizes to prevent them winning in more than one category.
In the event that no one from a given age category completes five races, no prizes will be awarded in this category
5. Scoring Rules
• Your best performance in each distance is the one that counts so you can enter more than one race in each race category to maximum your chance of a good time.
• Runners must compete in a minimum of any five of the chosen race categories in order to compete for the club championship. Their best five races count towards their final score.
• In race categories 2A-B points are awarded on fastest time in the championship year against other ESM competing runners in that year. Fastest lady and fastest gentleman get one point respectively; second fastest gets two points etc.
• In race categories 2C-H points are awarded on final finish position against other competing ESM runners. First lady and gentleman get one point respectively; second each gets two points etc. Where there is both gun and chip timing it is the chip which determines the points allocation.
• You have to finish the race and be registered as an ESM runner for the race in order for the result to count.
• You must run in a club vest with the exception of parkrun
• In the event of any dispute the race/run administrator’s decision is final.
The Championship will be administered on the Facebook Group: Ealing, Southall & Middlesex AC (FB Group). The link to the Google doc with all the information is here:
Runners will be expected to input their own data.
Click here to access file. I have updated this with the Perivale 5 results for 2016. Please let me know of any further updates.
Lynn's Monday night hill training sessions
(Check the Facebook Group for any late changes to these plans)
Mon 2nd Jan - Bank Holiday
Mon 9th Jan - Clarendon Road
Mon 16th Jan - Brentham Way
Mon 23rd Jan - Pitshanger Park
Mon 30th Jan - Kent Avenue
Mon 6th Feb - Studland Road
Mon 13th Feb - Clarendon Road
Mon 20th Feb - Brentham Way
Mon 27th Feb - Pitshanger Park
Mon 6th Mar - Kent Avenue
Mon 13th Mar - Studland Road
Mon 20th Mar - Clarendon Road
Mon 27th Mar - Brentham Way
Mon 3rd Apr - Pitshanger Park
Mon 10th Ap - Cleveland Park
Mon 17th Apr - Bunny Park
Mon 24th Apr - Cleveland Park
1-4 of 4