Gross Club Champion: this is the player who scores the lowest gross score at our Club Championship tournament. This player will receive their name on the perpetual plaque in the golf shop. This player will also be recognized in the NCGA Blue Book as our Club Champion.
Net Club Champion: this is the player who scores the lowest net score at our Club Championship tournament. This player will receive their name on the perpetual plaque in the golf shop.
Player of the Year: this will be the player who has accumulated the most combined gross and net points from our 9 season long tournament point’s competitions. The final event to accumulate points is our Club Championship tournament. This player will receive their picture in the golf shop next year.
Match Play Champion: this will be the player who wins our Match Play championship tournament this year. This player will get their name added to the perpetual trophy in the golf shop.
Hancock Cup Overview: “Ryder Cup” style Match Play Team competition between Eagle Ridge and The Bridges (San Ramon). Event will be held at Eagle Ridge or The Bridges. See current schedule for details. Format for competition is 36 holes on Saturday (Team Match Play Better Ball and Alternate Shot) and Match Play Singles on Sunday. Pretty much anyone who has played in this competition in the past will state that this is the most fun they have ever had on a golf course.
Team Make-up: This event has both “Gross” and “Net” pairings. “Gross Players” play without handicap against each other and typically from Black tees. “Net Players” play with their handicaps and generally from Blue/White tees. The breakdown of players for this year will be 6 Gross and 10 Net players from each side.
1. 3 Exempted Players: Winner of Match Play tournament (June to August), Gross and Net Champions of Club Championship.
2. 13 Players (8 Low Net, 5 Low Gross) from regular season “Tournament Points”: As in all previous years the majority of the team will be decided via a points system. For this year the biggest change is to apdapt a point system similar to the one used in the FedEx Cup. As with previous years we will give more points for our “4 Majors”.
· The points system being used can be found on this page : New Points System for 2014 Hancock Cup Team.
1. Match play champion = 1st exemption
2. Club Champion Gross = 2nd exemption (If Match play champion wins Gross in club championship, exemption goes to 2nd place Gross)
3. Club champion Net = 3rd exemption (If Match play champion wins Net in club championship, exemption goes to 2nd place Net)
4. If a player wins both Gross and Net in Club championship, that player will be given only a Gross exemption (The Net exemption will then go to 2nd place)
5. Players must be 18 years of age to qualify for all NCGA sanctioned events.
· Points will be accumulated from start of "Regular" season to Club Championship
· Players must play in 4 Tournaments for this year that award Hancock Cup points to be eligible for the Hancock Cup team since we want to encourage the team to be made up of players who consistently play in events.
· From a point’s perspective, if a player has enough points to qualify either as Gross or as Net, they will qualify under the Gross criteria, allowing a Net player to move up in ranking.
· Once players are picked based on points the Captain will decide the team make-up between Gross and Net.