Help Abington go green!
It's easy. The volunteers of the EAC are here to help you, your family, neighbors and friends go green. We work with residents, local organizations, businesses and the township to provide a clean and healthy environment for our community.
Learn how you can make a difference!
Join us on Facebook
- Sunday, 4/17 at 1:30 PM - Briar Bush EarthFest, 1212 Edge Hill Road, Abington, PA
- Saturday, 4/23 at 12 noon - Shade Tree Commission Arbor Day Celebration at Ardsley Community Center, 2828 Spear Avenue, Ardsley, PA
- Saturday, 4/23 at 2:00 PM - Kate's Corner, 1323 Fort Washington Ave, Fort Washington PA
- Saturday, 5/14 at 2:00 PM - Collins Nursery Open House, 773 Roslyn Ave, Roslyn, PA
- Thursday, 5/26, 7:00 PM - Abington Free Library - Registration Required, 1030 Old York Rd., Abington, PA
- Saturday, 6/18 at 10:00 AM - Abington Township Training Center, 2200 Florey Lane, Abington, PA
7:30 pm at
Attend this meeting to earn a Go Green Rewards Card credit
- EAC meetings
- EAC Rain Barrel workshop
- Installing a rain barrel
- EAC Energy Expo
- EAC, TTF & Shade Tree Commission plantings
- Volunteering on EAC projects
- Abington Township Bike Plan meeting
- Donating canned goods at Abington Township recycling events
- Certifying your yard as an Audubon Bird Habitat
- Purchasing green energy (show us your electric bill) and more...
Abington Township Paper Shred EventsAbington Township residents only - free paper shredding
NO BUSINESSES WHATSOEVER
Protect yourself from identity theft by shredding old documents
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Saturday, July 23, 2016 at Abington Junior High School
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Saturday, April 8, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
at Abington Township Public Works Facility
2201 Florey Lane, Abington PA 19001 (on left), (except for July 23 at AJHS).
Abington Township E-Cycling events
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Abington Township Public Works Facility
2201 Florey Lane, Abington PA 19001 (on left)
Abington Township is proud to offer their residents the opportunity to responsibly recycle obsolete electronics. This FREE service is available to residents of Abington Township.
ALL DATA MEDIA WILL BE DESTROYED OR WIPED!
ACCEPTED ITEMS INCLUDE:
Laptops Dehumidifiers, Peripherals, Computers, Typewriters, Mice, Telephones, Small Appliances, Microwaves, Fax Machines, Cameras, Keyboards, Cell Phones, Printers, Calculators, Air Conditioners, etc.
UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
No batteries, light bulbs, smoke detectors, or large appliances
THERE WILL BE A $25 CHARGE FOR TV'S AND COMPUTER MONITORS
More recycling info from Abington Twp...
You may be able to save money on your energy bills by switching from PECO to another energy supplier (electricity and natural gas). How do you choose which company to buy from? You can decide based on price, clean energy options, or local sources.
other communities committed to livability and economic viability. As the first national rating system of its kind, the STAR Communities Rating SystemTM has seven areas to measure progress over the long term: Volunteers are needed to help gather information and develop
future plans. For more information or to volunteer, email AbingtonSTAR@gmail.com.
For STAR Communities info, visit StarCommunities.org .
above and also for:
- Building rain barrels
- Public gardens and green space
- Building raised vegetable beds and row covers
- Tree plantings and maintenance
- Mussel surveys in local streams
- In October: Ocean Conservancy "International Coastal Cleanup" (litter cleanups)
- In spring: "Great American Cleanup" (litter cleanups)
- Hosting tables at public fairs and events (like the Abington Pre-Night Out)
- Creating environmental videos
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abington Township, Abington Township Commissioners, Abington Township Parks and Recreation Department, Abington School District, Abington Senior High School Service
Learning Program, Abington Junior High School Green Thumbs Club, ASD Elementary
Schools, Briar Bush Nature Center, Boy Scouts, Cheltenham Township and EAC, Girl Scouts, Friends of Hallowell Park, Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful, Meadowbrook Bird Sanctuary, the
Ocean Conservancy's International Coastal Cleanup, PennDOT, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, Pennypack Watershed and PERT, Redeemer Valley Community Garden, Rydal-Meadowbrook Civic Association, AT Shade Tree Commission, the Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership, TreeVitalize, Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association, Wyncote Audubon Society, and the Youth Aid Panel. Wow! Join us!
Thank you for volunteering with us at our Earth Day clean-ups in 2015. Together, we cleaned-up and beautified 18 parks and green spaces throughout Abington township.
Our 244 volunteers picked up 1455 pounds of litter and planted 439 trees and flowers. Cleanups are a great way to bring your community together and make a difference in
your neighborhood. It adds up too! We count how much litter we pick up and report
to the Great American Cleanup of PA. Throughout Pennsylvania last year, 140,000 volunteers picked up over 6 million pounds of trash, and planted over 22,000 trees
and flowers. What a difference! For event details, click on this Earth Day link.
Thanks to Commissioners Larry Jones, Jimmy DiPlacido, Tom Hecker, Lori Schreiber,
and Carol Gillespie for cleaning-up!
Information on events is listed below. Email an EAC member for more info, email@example.com.