The Barony's current Seneschal is Sir Andrew Baird and you can email him at email@example.comThe Kingdom Senechal page can be reached here or at http://seneschal.sca-caid.org/
The Seneschal is the branch president. The Seneschal conducts the monthly business meeting,also known as the Council meeting, signs official paperwork, and helps keep the local group running. Officers need to send copies of all their reports to the seneschal.
Dun Or CouncilCall to order 4:01
Attendance signed- 6 present
Officers present Seneschal, Baron and Baroness, Herald, and Constable
Approval of Agenda- passed
Approval of Minutes July- Passed
Baron and Baroness Report –
Wintermist will be elevated to barony at GWW. Win at and Kale will be the B and B. Highland encampment. Angel's anniversary will be an investiture and request that we all show up. Crown tournament the weekend of council meeting. No meeting next month. Seneschal and we will be at privy council. GWW encampment...get registered and sign up. Baroness is collecting Largess for new Angels BnB.
The SCA 50th year event is coming up next June and I have been asked by THL Catharine Hawkwood to help with collecting histories of Caid for our kingdom display. I am looking for histories and stories of Caid’s past (both distant and more recent) – both for the Kingdom and its various geopolitical units. If you have such memories/stories and are willing to share them, please send them to me at Caid50History@scacaid.org . We are requesting these items be sent no later than Caidan Twelfth Night (January 9, 2016). This will give us time to collate them into a book for the event.
Thank you for your help.
Bank statement, NMS, and waivers taken care of prior to the meeting.
A&S – Marya - no report
Chatelaine – Luciana no report
Newcomers meeting report 4 people no newer members. 2 will be leaving the barony.
Lists – Angharad- No report
Exchequer – Roisin
1. Old business waiver sheet from Dun Or Anniversary has been submitted.
2. Signatory changes we must approve new signatories for California Bank and Trust Bank Account:
Only continuing and new signatories must be present to change signatories (those who no longer wish to
be signatories don't need to show up)
Jillian Wahlquist, Russell Warden, Margaret Sanbourn and Don Phillips are to be ongoing
signatories on the California Bank and Trust Bank account. This motion moved Jillian Wahlquist,
seconded Chris Fernandez, and approved. Passed unanimously.
Signatory meeting has been scheduled for August 29th at 10am at the California Bank and Trust branch
in Quartz Hill (50th street west). All signatories should bring two forms of ID (Driver's License and
credit/debit card usually works. If both forms have photos that is a plus). This shouldn't take longer than an
As per Jennifer at the California Bank and Trust we will also need to bring a copy of the SCA's IRS letter
and state filing letter. Roisin has copies of both in her possession.
3. NMS Arrears Dun Or had 3 events listed on the NMS arrears list that was just published. Anniversary 2015 has already been paid and the check number has been passed along to the new Kingdom Exchequer. Anniversary 2014 was not paid (not sure how that happened). A check has been written and will be sent in asap along with event stats. Yule 2014 did not have an event fee and the Kingdom Exchequer at the time was notified. The new Kingdom Exchequer will also be notified at the time I send
4. Inventory I still have not received any inventory sheets from anyone (including myself). I would like to make this a priority to have before next council meeting in September. Thank you Mia for her wonderful work in setting up the online database! I have a few questions about privacy setting on the online inventory database I would prefer if we listed emails addresses for contact for each of the items instead of a physical location. All other aspects of the site look great and I'm very impressed with her work.
5. Archery budget As Teala inquired this past month, there is $94.27 remaining in the archery budget before needing more approval.
6. Current bank account balance $9,144.67. Bank statement has been given to Sir Baird to sign and return for mailing
Armored report- Niccolo no report
Rapier report – Don Kelan no report
Archery Report Teela no report
Chronicler – Teela No report
Tower Tails – Wants to give up the position by the end of the year.
Website - Mia Pertaining to site: dunor.org
●All previous pages with issues have been fixed.
● Tower Tails Online has been introduced and is up
● A&S has an expansion to accommodate all the space it will need.
● No progress on Lost and found pictorial project.
● Private unpublished site made for council to maintain a database of items.
● Standard monthly updates and corrections applied.
● No progress with Google Hangouts yet.
●Heralds page expansion
● Page with full history of Dun Or’s Barons and Baronesses and Caid’s royalty
● Dun Or Order of precedence page
● With foundation of website placed smooth out graphics using photoshop instead of paint.
● Apply as deputy social media for greater range of websites content and range of those
who we can get the word out to.
● Email address list needed to send people calendar reminders (prior request)
● Attempt contact again for lost and found project.
Has been having trouble connected to the internet. This needs to be discussed further to see
how the barony can help.
Constable – Torquil glasses and tankard in lost and found
Herald – Claria sent in 4 items. 3 passed kingdom and went to Laurel. One they didn't like the
name. Might be passed later, because new evidence has been found to reflect two names and
a surname in period. Two more going through kingdom.
Old Business :
Tent Stakes- Stock purchased, they still need to be forged.
Coronets- Later date to finish, because have not met with Sir Thorin.
Inventory- Email a list to Roisin of any baronial stuff you have, or fill out form on Website. Need counts and any imperfections of items that belong to the barony. Exchequer would like this complete by September.
Arts Champions Event maybe combine with anniversary Steward and Hadassa as co-steward in charge of the Arts Champion?
Yule Steward Torquil
meat will be provided need other dishes.