See the Jazz Ensemble
link under Ensembles, or just click the link provided.
Congratulations to ALL members of the Scottish Highlander Band who attended Solo and Ensemble over the past 2 days. Here are the complete - and ridiculously successful - results of the weekend.
- Devin Rhoden - Trumpet Solo: Superior
- Erin King - Piano Solo: Superior
- Avery Gumto, Adrian Carrasquillo, Brandon Schwab, Carter Grimes - Sax Quartet: Superior
- Jade Lily - Alto Sax Solo: Excellent
- Kyle Waters - Tuba Solo: Excellent
- Jared Jones, Sam Harris, Cameron Sowinski, Elliot Tegan - Trombone Quartet: Superior
- Clarinet Choir: Jenna Laughlin, Lexi Miller, Heather Schauer, Mike Harris, Lexi Stringer, Josh Black, James Gray, Tatiana Giron, Eddie Merhi, Joe Naughton, Jacob Massotto, Carlos Santiago, Tristan Briller, Erika Brewer: Superior
- Rebekah Brouillette - Oboe Solo: Excellent
- D.J. Street - Mallet Solo: Superior
- Michelle Wilson - Bassoon Solo: Superior
- Lisa Wallace - Bassoon Solo: Superior
- Molly Quinn - Mallet Solo: Superior
- Alysha Newton - Horn Solo: Superior
- Jeremy Roldan - Timpani Solo: Superior
- Tasha Deal - Flute Solo: Superior
- Jenna Laughlin - Clarinet Solo: Superior
- Ian Currie, Yvette Dixon - Mallet Duet: Superior
- Cameron Ehmig, Reed Harvin - Percussion Duet: Superior
- Ken Beaty, Brady Helms, Andrew Lunder - Trombone Trio: Superior
- Percussion Ensemble: Victoria Deveaux, Cameron Ehmig, Yvette Dixon, Emma Quinn, Molly Quinn, Erin King, Reed Harvin, David Barnard, Ian Currie, Jeremy Roldan, Skylar Campbell, D.J. Street: Superior
- Jeremy Roldan - Mallet Solo: Superior
- Emma Quinn - Mallet Solo: Superior
- Jacob Massotto, Kirsten Deal, Josh Blais, Mike Harris - Sax Quartet: Superior
- Jeremy Roldan - Snare Drum Solo: Superior
- Danny Mariscal, Matt Herrada, Alysha Newton, Brady Helms, Jacob Fox - Brass Quintet: Superior
- Jasmine Dell - Saber Solo: Excellent
- Lily Ahern - Rifle Solo: Excellent
- Ryann Duff - Rifle Solo: Excellent
- Madison McCraney - Rifle Solo: Superior
- Color Guard: Lily Ahern, Jasmine Dell, Ryann Duff, Faith Gabbard, Calantha O'Brien - Excellent
- Highland Dance Ensemble: Lily Ahern, Jasmine Dell, Ryann Duff, Faith Gabbard, Calantha O'Brien - Excellent
All Superior-rated Solos and Ensembles performing Grade V or higher will be continuing on to the State Level! Outstanding!
Congratulations to our own "Swingin' Scots" for their Superior rated performance at East Lake High School on Valentine's Day. The adjudicators loved our big band sound, and especially appreciated the solo vocal stylings of Nathalie Hernandez and the plunger preaching of Brady Helms. Outstanding job!
Solo and Ensemble is coming up fast! Make sure you've met with Mrs. Blais at least twice before performing with her.
Pipe Band Competition
- Grade 5 Pipe Band - 6th of 7
- Grade 4 Pipe Band - 1st Place!!
Piping/Drumming Solo Competition
Drumming Grade 3
D.J. Street: 1st place
Ian Currie: 2nd place
Cameron Ehmig: 3rd place
Jeremy Roldan: 5th place
Tenor Drumming - Amateur
Rebekah Brouillette: 1st place
Bass Drum - Professional
Emma Quinn: 1st place
Piping Grade 3
Emma Brandmaier: 1st place
Josh Blais: 2nd place
Piping Grade 4
Truth McCraney: 2nd place
Cameron Sowinski: 3rd place
Piping Grade 5
Kiernan Adams: 2nd place
Beginners 14 & Over
Lily Ahern - 2nd place Fling, 3rd place Lilt and Seann Truibhas, 4th place Sword Dance
Jasmine Dell - 2nd place Sword Dance, 4th place Lilt and Struibhas
Yvette Dixon - 1st place Fling
Faith Gabbard - 1st place Lilt, 3rd place Sword, 6th place Fling
Madison McCraney - 5th place Fling, Seann Truibhas and Sword Dance
Ryann Duff - 1st place Sword Dance, 2nd place Lilt and Struibhas, 4 place Fling - Beginner 14 & Over Trophy Winner
Premier 16 & Over
Tasha Deal - 4th place Jig, Seann Truibhas and Reel
Calvary Christian - 4:00
Clearwater - 4:15
Lakewood - 4:30
Boca Ciega - 4:45
Indian Rocks Christian - 5:00
Largo - 5:15
St. Petersburg - 5:30
Pinellas Park - 5:45
Dixie Hollins - 6:30
Northeast - 6:45
Countryside - 7:00
Tarpon Springs - 7:15
Northside Christian - 7:30
Palm Harbor - 7:45
Osceola - 8:00
East Lake - 8:15
Seminole - 8:30
Dunedin - 8:45
Awards Presentation - 9:15
10:00am - Call Time on Field
10:15 - Walkthrough of show
12:45pm - Lunch (please bring your own)
1:30 - Get to positions
1:45 - First bands arrive (Middle School Bands)
4:00 - Event officially begins
- Dinner will be spread out throughout the volunteer schedule
6:45 - Return to Band Room - Get dressed quickly!
7:45 - Warm Up
8:25 - Move
8:35 - At the Gate
8:45 - LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR!
9:15 - Officer and Senior Retreat
9:50 - Entire Band Cleans the Stadium/Parking Field/Warm Up Areas/Water Stations
- Once this is done, we return to the band room for dismissal
Check out DrillbookNext to see! Let's get those dotbooks ready for Tuesday!
Boat crew(s): We will need to rehearse how to move the boat around the field. This is gonna be tricky!
Best Woodwinds in Class AAA
Best Percussion in Class AAA
3rd Place (of 7) in Class AAA
7th overall out of 25 competing bands
This was your best performance to date! See what happens when you "turn it on"? Let's make our rehearsals like this performance, and we'll be achieving amazing things by the end of the season!
New drill files are available! See the files attached to this post. We only have two more sets and a few visuals to learn before the opener is solidly on the field. 30 pages for an opener... not too shabby!!
UPDATED! Woodwind Visual "Vocals" at F: "Out, Down &a3e&, Up, Turn Right, 2, Together(left) &a4e&a STEP"
For those students who are auditioning for All State, please see Mr. Black for your audition times and contracts. The contracts must be signed by you and your parents, then brought to the audition. Mr. Black can sign the form there if you do not see him before-hand.
Yes, we are traveling to East Lake HS, as planned! We will be marching and playing from the top to D, then playing from D to the end.
Please check the Marching Band portion of the site under the "Ensembles" tab - or just click HERE
. Students should copy their drill information into their drill book after finding the appropriate sheet. The drill pages (pictures) are there to help with any count discrepancies or special directions.
Example: My number is U4 (tuba)
- I open "Student Coordinates 8-12.pdf"
- I look for letter "U" next to the word "Symbol" in the upper right hand corner of each 1/4th of a sheet.
- I then look for the label to be 4, which will be to the left of this symbol.
- I proceed to copy the relevant coordinates into my sheet, using the pdf file in this post as a reference for how to do so.
- As I copy, I refer to the "Dunedin pg8-18.pdf" file to see the large picture and how I fit in to the form. I will also write any special notes down that are necessary. (Double Time, possible visual, dress/cover points, etc.)
Please note that the "Dunedin pg8-18.pdf" file corresponds only to Set #s 8 through 18. If you were not at band camp and need to see drill pages for the first few sets, see your section leader.
Below, for your reference, please find the band camp presentation of how to read/write your drill coordinates.