Startup Matchmaker Event
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 5:30-8pm
Location: McLendon Classroom, Fuqua School of Business
Audience: All Duke students are welcome to attend.
Dress Code: Casual
The Program for Entrepreneurs (P4E)
The Program for Entrepreneurs (P4E) let's Duke students receive course credit for work towards starting a company. Projects must be accepted into the Program by the P4E Advisors.
Students with projects can attempt to join the program by pitching at the Startup Matchmaker Event. Any Duke student can pitch, but in order to enroll, there will need to be 3 students taking the course for credit, and at least one Duke MBA student on the team.
The presentations are meant to be interactive. You'll have a just a few minutes to tell us about your idea, then we'll ask you questions for about 5 minutes. We'll have a timer to keep things flowing.
Each person presenting an idea gets:
8 minutes total time
- 3 minutes to pitch your idea
- 5 minutes of Q&A with the Advisors
Updated: During your 3 minute pitch, you don't need to limit yourself to one slide, though we advise you to use visuals sparingly
Send your slides to Howie Rhee at email@example.com, by midnight, two days before, and also bring a copy on a memory stick or in an email account you can access from the desktop.
The goal is to
1) attract teammates,
2) start a dialog with the Advisors,
3) have your project be accepted into the Program
- Have a startup idea you'd like to bring into the Program for Entrepreneurs? Pitch your idea here to our advisors and to other Duke students.
- By the night before at 11:59pm ET
- RSVP to pitch your idea
- And send Howie Rhee your slides at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your startup's name as the title of your slides. Powerpoint, not PDF.
- Want to join a startup team? Come listen to the pitches.
- Read over our Next Steps to see what is needed to join the Program for Entrepreneurs to receive course credit.