I started with a 2 door Sahara
- 6 speed (I like a stick in general, and I like it off road when coming down steep hills)
- Rear Dana 44 with ARB locker
- Front Dana 30 has "Brake Lock Differential". Not a locker, but works well.
- Swapped out the diff 3.73 gears for 4.88s, so with 4.46 1st gear x 2.72 xfer case x 4.88 dif = 59.2 Crawl Ratio (70mph in 6th = 3000 rpm)
- Added OME 615 springs in the front for lift and to handle weight of winch. In the rear, swapped in springs from a 4 door Sahara and added Daystar 1.75" spring spacers to match lift in front.
JKS "Quicker" Disconnects in the front, Northridge4x4 adjustable rear sway bar links in rear
- EVO-Armor Rock Slides (1.75OD x .120 DOM Tubing, weld on to frame)
- Mopar front skid plate
- Skid Row engine/trans skid plate
- Skid Row evap canister guard
- Solid front diff cover
- Warn rear diff guard
- Goodyear Wrangler 285/75R-16 MT/R on Unique 16x8 12B steel wheels
- KC Rally 800 Driving Lights on KC windshield hinge light mount brackets
- 48" High Lift Jack inside the rear storage area with the River Raider roll cage mount
- MBRP XP Series T-409 Stainless Cat Back. Gets rid of the big muffler in the rear for better clearance, and sounds much better.
- Warn M8000 winch, 80 ft Amsteel™ Blue winch line (Dyneema® SK75), Viking Offroad Delrin Fairlead Rollers
- Cosmetically, I removed the front and rear silver plastic on the bumbers, and the lettering on the side of the Jeep.
Front 35 1/2 Rear 35 3/8
Front 38 1/4 Rear 38
So compared to stock Sahara with 255/70R18, the tires and lift netted to about 2 3/4" lift in the front, and 2 5/8" in the rear
Brand new (thumbnail)
|Length: 163.5 in.||Width: 76 in.|
|Wheel Base: 95.4 in|
Curb Weight: 3962 lbs.
Base Engine Size: 3.8 liters
Torque: 237 ft-lbs
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.6 gal.
Gross Weight: 4900 lbs.
Horsepower: 202 hp
more pics (all thumbs)
Sway bar disconnects at work
Exactly 76" wide at Tillamook State Forest
Standard goat pose at Tahuya
rear extension and front compression
At Moab, UT, Fins and Things trail March 29, 2010
Costs to duplicate:
4.88 gear sets, F&R $499
Arb Air Locker, Arb Compressor, install gears F+R, and Arb $1930 (Eastside Custom Truck)
EVO Rock Sliders $399 + $210 to weld on (Auburn Car Repair & Offroad)
Mopar front skid plate $310
Skid Row engine/trans skid plate $325
Skid Row Canister Guard $144
Warn rear diff guard $110
Solid front diff cover $135
JK 48" High Lift Jack Mount 75
48" High Lift All-Cast Iron Jack $88
OME 615 front springs $180
springs from a 4 door Sahara and added Daystar 1.75" spring spacers $100
JKS "Quicker" Disconnects $157
Northridge4x4 adjustable rear sway bar links $80
Warn M8000 winch $600
Winch Mount Plate $75
Viking Delrin Rollers $74
Searchers 4wd Supply and Outfitters solenoid mount for warn M8000 $30
80 ft Amsteel™ Blue winch line (Dyneema® SK75)$260
KC Rally 800 Driving Lights $130
KC windshield hinge light mount brackets $35
MBRP XP Series T-409 Stainless Cat Back $444
Total add on's = $6390 and these are Quadratec and Northridge type web discount prices, Plus the only labor shown is for the new gears and welding sliders. So all other labor to install parts is not shown.
Plus the Goodyear Wrangler 285/75R-16 MT/R on Unique 16x8 12B steel wheels and trailer hitch are shown as no cost.
One of the major web sites that value used cars lists: "Clean Retail for 2dr Sahara with 29,000 miles = $23,000"
The other major one lists: "Good Condition" private party value = $20,325
other than the minor scratches on the fenders, mine is much more like "Excellent Condition"