2012 News Coverage
2011 News Coverage
- Bronx Dads Take Your Child to School Day at PS 73 The Bronx Times -- BRONX -- Dads Take Your Child to School is a one-day event designed to engage father’s involvement for the rest of the school year. Schools, Head Start centers and community organization use this opportunity to get to know the fathers of their students, and to encourage them to remain involved throughout the school year.
- Million Father March POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- Fathers, uncles, big brothers, and mentors of all ages gathered in the City of Poughkeepsie to march to area schools to demonstrate their commitment to their child's education
- Host of proud dads turn out for Take Your Child to School Day in E. Harlem -- NY Daily News -- NEW YORK CITY -- They came with one and two in tow, one dad pushing a stroller with one hand, holding the small hand of another, a pink umbrella tucked under his arm. Some took off work. Others were raising children as single dads, or uncles or brothers serving as father figures.
- Day for dads to take their kids to school From WTEN News 10 -- ALBANY - Tuesday marks the national "Dads Take Your Child To School Day" to encourage fathers to get more involved in their children's education.
- Program Helps Dads Connect with Kids -- Rochester Democrat and Chronicle -- ROCHESTER - "Adam Close isn't married to his daughter's mother."That's not going to stop me from being there for her," he said while holding 3-year-old Aahmari in the lobby of the Hart Street Center in Rochester..."
- Dad Take Your Child to School Day (Video) - WHAM - ROCHESTER -- Fathers and male caregivers across the state and in Rochester were encouraged to accompany their children to school Tuesday.
- NETS GM Pitches Education on the Playground -- BROOKLYN -- The ribbon-cutting ceremony kicked off with King speaking to the assembled students – and many of their fathers, as part of a “Dads Take Your Child to Work Day” – about the importance of education, and play’s role in it...
- New York Fathers Encouraged to Participate in 'Dads Take Your Child to School Day' - WKBW News - RENSSELAER -- Dads and father figures across New York State are invited to accompany their children to school on Tuesday, Sept. 20, as part of an ongoing effort to promote healthy families...
- White Plains Sends its Dads to School (Video) -- White Plains Patch -- WHITE PLAINS - “Dads: Take Your Child to School Day,” is an initiative meant to empower fathers to take a more active role in their children’s lives. See our video photos of proud city fathers and their kids to see what they had to say about the event.
- White Plains Dads Take Their Children to School -- The Daily White Plains -- WHITE PLAINS -- After working his night shift at the United States Postal Service, Kevin Edwards heads to his White Plains home to make breakfast for his family. This Tuesday, however, Edwards took a detour and joined fathers across the nation in participating in "Dads, Take Your Child to School Day."
- Best Reason Ever for a Dad to Take a Day Off From Work -- Times Union -- ALBANY -- "Vuntrail Johnson took the day off from his job at the Sealy mattress factory to do something important. He held his daighter's hand and walked her to school..."
- Today is 'Dads Take Your Child to School Day (Video) - WNYT - ALBANY - If Albany residents saw many kids walking hand in hand with their fathers this morning, that's because today is "Dads Take Your Child to School Day" in Albany...
- Community Group: Fathers to Go to School with Your Child - WXXI - ROCHESTER - Fathers in Rochester are being urged to take a day away from work, and take their children to school on Tuesday...
- Fathers, grandfathers take part in Million Father March - YNN - NIAGARA FALLS — Richard Shelton knows the importance of a good education. He's put two kids and two grandkids through Hyde Park Elementary School...
- Dads Take Your Child to School Day - Olean Times Herald - OLEAN - Aaron Wolfe walks his son, Max, a second-grader at Boardmanville Elementary, to school on Tuesday as part of “Dads Take Your Child to School Day.”
- Falls Men March to School - WGRZ - NIAGARA FALLS - More than 400 men participated in the Million Father March, taking a little time out of the day to meet principals, visit with one another and get comfortable in the environment. Men received information, were able to fill out volunteer forms, or just have a cup of coffee...
- First Day of School, Not First Day of Learning - Niagara Gazette - Patiently sitting in the slow lane during yesterday’s early morning “rush hour”, I watched with muted curiosity as some very excited parents and more than a few reluctant children navigated their way from the long hot summer, to the first day of school...
- Greater Role by Fathers Encouraged - Buffalonews.com - NIAGARA FALLS - The city school district is making an ambitious effort to encourage fathers and surrogate fathers to take a greater role in the education of their children...
2010 News Coverage
- Dads Take Your Child to School encourages White Plains Schools to launch Fatherhood Initiative (3/4/2011)
White Plains - Fostering closer bonds between a father and his children is a national issue, but one that also hits close to home... <more>
- Press Release (9/14/2010)
ALBANY, NY – Dads and father figures are urged to accompany their children to school on Tuesday, September 21, as part of national healthy families and responsible fatherhood initiatives. The New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and the New York State Office of Temporary & Disability Assistance (OTDA) are joining with local agencies and community groups to encourage participation in "Dads Take Your Child to School Day." While... <more>
- WTEN Albany (9/21/2010) (Video)
ALBANY - Dads and other father figures are encouraged to take their kids to school today as part of a nationwide initiative. Tuesday is "Dads Take Your Child to School." It's part of an effort to increase male involvement in children's lives... <more>
- Observer - Dunkirk, NY (10/4/2010)
SILVER CREEK - More than 100 dads from Silver Creek accompanied their children to school on Sept. 21st as part of a national healthy families and responsible fatherhood initiative called Dads Take Your Child to School Day. The day... <more>
- Report on DTYCTS in Mt. Vernon, NY and Brooklyn, NY (Video)
- News 12 Report - PS 305 Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
- News 12 Report - PS 73 - Highbridge, Bronx