Paul A. Watters PhD FBCS CITP SMIEEE
Professor of Information Technology, Massey University, New Zealand
Dr Paul A. Watters is Professor of Information Technology at Massey University.
His basic research interests are in data mining, natural language processing and pattern recognition.
His applied research interests are in cybercrime and cyber security, including intellectual property theft, computer forensics, open source intelligence analysis, phishing, privacy, and identifying harms to users (especially through advertising). He previously worked at the University of Ballarat, the Medical Research Council (UK), Macquarie University and the CSIRO. His work has been cited 1,401 times (h-index=16, i-10 index=36). Professor Watters has worked closely with government and industry on many projects, including the Motion Picture Association, Westpac, IBM, the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Attorney General's Department. Professor Watters is a Fellow of the British Computer Society, a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and a Senior Member of the IEEE.
Professor Watters is available for consultancies in data mining and cyber security. Please e-mail him for details.
- The dark side of online advertising
- Patterns of ownership of child model sites: Profiling the profiteers and consumers of child exploitation material
- The drug network: helping to connect dealers and users
- Arrr, we pillage a fine booty of free films
- Searches for child porn as popular as Harry Potter: study
- Gone Phishing