Note: Requires Android 2.2 (Froyo)
An essential app for independent Android developers and small/medium publishers. Integrates data from Android Market with Google Checkout to provide sales insight (see screenshots below).
- Get notified of low-rated Market comments
- Plot revenue across apps over time
- Quantify how comments affect sales
- Observe effect of app pricing on sales
This app is best suited for developers with less than ~100K app purchases, since caching data from Google Checkout may take a long time, depending on sales volume. If synching a large batch of records, you may want to plug in and find wifi. Caching the ~3K sales records used in the screen grabs below took about two and a half minutes.
Using the app entails:
- Specifying a date range to plot
- Letting the app download records from Google Checkout
- Consolidating (automatically or manually) different versions of the same app
- Viewing/sharing the plot
Only transactions marked as "Charged" (as opposed to "Cancelled" or other statuses) on Google Checkout are counted.
Another feature of the app allows you to specify a "rating" threshold for each app to be notified about. If a user leaves a comment with a rating at or below the threshold, you will be alerted in the notification area. You can then click the notification to read the latest comments.
Here's a direct market link if you're browsing on a phone.