Directions: Each group will be assigned a microscope photo of an onion root tip listed below. Click on the image to enlarge and count the number of cells in interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
- Count the number of cells in your view that are in each of the various stages of mitosis.
- Count only those cells that clearly illustrate a nucleus.
- After submitting your data, examine the data from the entire class.
- Generate a hypotheses about the cell cycle based on the graphs of the class data.
- Submit your hypothesis in the form below.
- Discuss your hypotesis in light of the hypotheses of your colleagues