- Select one of the following biological molecules and indicate your choice on the signup list.
- Open MolView
- View the molecule in 3D and rotate in space.
- Turn on the labels to identify the atoms in each molecule
- Note: if unable to see labels, follow this color code: Carbon (black or gray), hydrogen (white), nitrogen (blue), sulfur (yellow), oxygen (red), phosphorus (orange)
- Record the number of each atom for the molecule in question in the form.
- Examine the raw data for the entire class.
- Examine the summary data for the entire class.
- What can you conclude about the composition of biological molecules?
- Are there significant differences between the composition of the various classes of biological molecules? If so, please explain
- Use pTable and Periodic Table to compare the abundance of elements in humans vs. the ocean, crust and universe. Put your graphs in a collaborative online folder and summarize your findings in the quick write.