Allergy & Paediatric Clinic (Cheltenham)
Dr Marie Wheeler - Paediatric Consultant
Dr Wheeler graduated from Sheffield University in 1989 and completed Specialist Paediatric Registrar training in Birmingham and the South West, beginning allergy training in Bristol .
Since her Consultant appointment, she leads the Paediatric allergy Team at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and Cheltenham General Hospital. She is also a member of the European Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Paediatric Allergy and General Paediatrics in Gloucestershire
Dr Marie Wheeler, Consultant Paediatrician is now able to offer private appointments for General Paediatrics and Paediatric Allergy consultations in addition to existing NHS appointments. Children will be seen at Leckhamption Surgery with full Paediatric facilities.
Conditions frequently seen include food allergy and intolerances, asthma and other ‘chesty’ conditions, chronic/spontaneous urticaria and angioedema, house dust mite allergy, hay fever, food pollen allergy syndrome, anaphylaxis, vaccine adverse reactions and others may be referred.
Babies with possible cows milk protein allergy or intolerance, gastro-oesophageal reflux are often referred.
A whole range of conditions including headache, chronic fatigue, migraine, abdominal pain, constipation, possible coeliac disease and many others may be consulted on.
- The initial consultation is for 40 minutes . It will involve a full history and examination including peak flow where indicated and relevant investigations as recommended which may referral for a blood test in cases of many consultations including allergy .
- A comprehensive report will be sent to you and a copy to your family doctor (with consent).
- An action plan will be sent and information leaflets as required.
- A follow up to discuss results and further review can be arranged as required
- Follow up plans/after the Consultation
www.alwaysreadthelabel.info - Useful products to highlight allergic situtaions
http://www.bsaci.org - Lists NHS allergy clinics and useful allergy information